I am not a huge brand name person. I shop at Target (more often Wal Mart now that I live in Sanford and there is no Target), I’ve never owned a designer purse or pair of shoes, and I will most often times buy store brand products to save money. There are, however, a few products that I just have to purchase a particular brand of. Listed below are some brands that I’ve found I like best in the kitchen.
- Anything Crate & Barrel. We registered here for our wedding and were fortunate enough to get tons of stuff from this store. Our dishes are wonderful, our silverware strong and solid, our kitchen gadgets useful and easy to use and our small appliances, Dutch oven and other dishes are all of excellent quality. I love their stuff.
- Daisy sour cream. It is the creamiest and tastiest. Love it.
- Wal Mart frozen veggies. I don’t know why, but they are the crispest, most flavorful frozen veggies we’ve tried.
- Toll House chocolate chips. They’re the best. I love to make chocolate chip cookie bars, and they turn out the best with these chips. They have the best cookie recipe on the back of the bag, too.
- Jack Daniels. Ok, so I don’t really cook with it, but Jack joins me in the kitchen while I’m cooking every now and then. He’s a great friend.
- Hunt’s tomatoes. When buying canned tomatoes, Hunt’s by far have the best flavor. My Uncle Todd told me when he taught me how to make his version of homemade salsa that it can only be made with Hunt’s. I’ve carried this over to anything that calls for any type of canned tomato product.
- Heinz ketchup. This somewhat negates the above statement, but ketchup isn’t canned so it is ok. I don’t understand why Hunt’s has the best canned tomato products but their ketchup tastes nasty. I loveketchup. Sometimes I go out to eat and order fries just because I am craving ketchup. If I see that they bring Hunt’s to the table, I feel like I might as well just cancel my order of fries. Eeeww. Has to be Heinz.
- Pepsi. I don’t even really like soda that much, but I can’t stand coke. It tastes like chemicals. Coke Zero is acceptable, only because it tastes more like Pepsi. Coke = blech (unless mixed with my friend Jack above).
- Campbell’s soups. Store brand doesn’t compare. I can’t explain further really, but it just isn’t the same.
- Cracker Barrel cheese. I do buy other brands because I am cheap, but Cracker Barrel is the sharpest and most delicious.
- Iams dog food. We don’t eat it, but Sully and Luna love it and it makes their coat so soft and shiny. Anytime they’ve eaten something else we can tell a difference.
- Duke’s mayonnaise. This is more of a Ross thing, but when we moved in together he told me that is all I was allowed to buy so that is what I get. It’s good.
- Yoplait yogurt. Creamiest and best flavor. Store brand yogurt is not quite good enough, unless being used to make a smoothie or something.
- Barilla pasta. I can’t explain it and I am sure it wouldn’t make sense to a lot of people that one brand of pasta is better than another, but it is by far the best.
- Bertolli sauce. Particularly the vineyard line. Mmmmmm.
- Seattle’s Best coffee is our favorite. Ross is a pretty easy going guy, but he is very particular about his coffee. He won’t even drink the coffee that I make. Seattle’s Best (Henry’s Blend) is a staple in our house.
- Tortilla chips: Multi-grain Tostitos. It is weird, because I don’t think anyone else buys these. Whenever people come to our house and have them, they love them, but nobody has ever heard of them. Try them, they are super delicious!
- Edy’s ice cream. Oh so creamy. Mint chocolate chip is my favorite, and as my Dad taught me, it HAS to be green. White mint chocolate chip doesn’t make sense and doesn’t taste as good. Not even close.
OK, I am sure there are more, but that is good for now. If you have any favorites, let me know! Maybe there is a great brand out there that I am missing out on!